How to make steamed vegetables?
Steamed Vegetables with herbs can be prepared in minutes. Just toss all the veggies in and add herbs you like. Cook for 5 minutes and you are done!
Produce that I used is – Broccoli Florets, Mushrooms, Ice Berg Lettuce and baby corn. Any vegetables can be used, as long as they are fresh and you like them but using vegetables in different colors is suggested , so that the dish looks vibrant and appetizing. The reason this recipe is considered healthy is because it not only uses fresh ingredients but it is also prepared with the healthiest method of cooking, that is steaming.
I got my vegetables from Urban Fresh which is a door step delivery service for fresh vegetables. They sell all kind of vegetables, whether you need traditional ones or exotic, they have it all.
You can place order via
whatsapp- +91 98183 35542 or send an email at – email@example.com but make sure you place your order a day before you want your vegetables.
Cooking Time 🕜 10 minutes for Steamed Vegetables
• Broccoli Florets – 1 cup
• Mushrooms – 1 cup
• Baby Corn – 1 cup
• Iceberg Lettuce Leaves – 8 nos.
• Oregano – 1 teaspoon
• Chilli Flakes – 1 teaspoon
• A drizzle of extra Virgin olive oil
• Salt to taste
Buy Olitalia Olive Oil – https://www.amazon.in/Olitalia-Extra-Virgin-Olive-Oil/dp/B07QST3JXR
- Add all the vegetables in a bowl except iceberg lettuce leaves, so that the lettuce leaves doesn’t turn soggy. Also, we have to use them as cups to fill the vegetables later.
- I love button mushrooms so I have added those. You may add any mushrooms of your choice or you may skip them completely. A variety of mushrooms go well in this recipe. You may use shitake, oyester or enoki mushrooms.
- Season with oregano, chilli flakes and salt. Oregano can be replaced with rosemary and chives as well but I like mine with oregano.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over vegetables. Here, I am using Olitalia Extra Virgin Olive Oil which you can get from Amazon. Check-out the link to buy it in the beginning of blog post.
- Place the lettuce leaves on a steamer plate/basket as placing lettuce underneath the vegetables not only prevents them from sticking but also adds flavour and texture to the recipe. Alternatively, cabbage leaves can be used in the place of iceberg lettuce, just in case they are not available. Although, lettuce is available at majority of supermarkets but finding them at local vegetable store is quite difficult sometimes.
- Fill the vegetable mix in the lettuce leaves but keep in mind that you don’t over fill the cups otherwise they might not be able to hold the vegetables in place.
- Cover and steam for 3-5 minutes. Serve Immediately after it is ready because this recipe tastes when hot.
Tips and suggestions
To turn it into a full fledged meal you may serve these with a multi-grain toast and it will keep you full for hours. Try this healthy, tasty and delicious recipe now which can be prepared in no time!
So what are you waiting for? Go grab some fresh veggies and steam them up to prepare this delicacy.
Comment down below if you would have this for your breakfast?