TOMATO CORIANDER BROWN RICE
Tomato coriander brown rice is a very healthy yet delicious recipe which can be prepared with very limited ingredients. Brown rice has been a part of Indian diet since ages but it has gained popularity in the recent times only. The best rice grows in the southern parts of our country and Daksh Farm is one of such places from where you can source the best quality brown rice in reasonable price. Itis considered a better option in comparison to white rice as it is richer in anti-oxidants and fibre which is required by the body for good metabolism. This superfood is highly versatile and can be prepared in multiple ways. From traditional cooking to the fancy continental dishes, it is fit for all kind of recipes.
TOMATO CORIANDER BROWN RICE INGREDIENTS
1 cup brown matta rice by DAKSH FARM
1/2 cup tomatoes
A tablespoon of ginger garlic paste
Fresh coriander leaves
1 tablespoon chilli red powder
2 tablespoons garam masala
3 nos. green chillies green
2 tablespoons ghee
TOMATO CORIANDER BROWN RICE RECIPE
- Wash and soak the brown matta rice by DAKSH FARM for 30 minutes in plenty of water.
- Pressure cook the rice for 3 whistles in 3 cups of water. Do not add salt while boiling it as it will be added while tempering the rice.
- Take a pan and add 2 tbsp of ghee. Fry the cut tomatoes and ginger-garlic paste. When ghee starts separating, add the garam masala,chilly powder,green chillies. You may add any other vegetables to make it vegetable pulao.
- Add the rice, mix it up well and fry for 1 minute in high flame. Add salt to taste. Avoid over mixing the rice to keep the grains intact.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve with your favourite raita and pickle.
• Let the rice cool down for atleast 30 minutes before tempering it.
• Feel free to add more chillies if you prefer spicy food.