Creamy mushroom pasta tossed with garden fresh vegetables is bound to leave you mesmerized. Buttery garlic parmesan sauce and sautéed mushrooms are the main highlights of this filling and delicious dinner recipe.
CREAMY MUSHROOM PASTA INGREDIENTS
- 1/2 cup fusilli pasta
- 1/2 cup penne pasta
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup green beans, chopped
- 1/2 cup green and yellow zucchini (diced)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1.5 cups milk
- 2/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped, plus extra for garnish
- Boil 1 litre of water and cook pasta in very salty water according to instructions on the package.
- In a heavy bottom saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and other vegetables to oil and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- turns aromatic.Add garlic, salt and pepper to mushrooms and stir well to combine. Cook until garlic
- Add flour to saucepan and stir briskly to incorporate all ingredients.
- Add 1/2 cup of the milk and stir continuously to avoid any lumps. Simmer on medium flame until milk thickens. Add the remainder of the milk and stir well.
- Add the boiled pasta in sauce pan and mix gently.
- Turn off the flame and stir in parmesan cheese.
- Garnish with extra parsley and serve immediately.
- Add a choice of protein like tofu, cottage cheese or if you are non-vegetarian then you may add meats of your choice.
- Serve the pasta with a slice of toasted garlic bread slathered with butter.
- For red sauce pasta replace milk with crushed tomatoes and black pepper with red chilli flakes.
- Serve it as a side dish with pizza as it compliments it really well.
- Avoid rinsing pasta in water after boiling. Starchy pasta combines with sauce better.