Poori and aloo sabzi is the simplest recipe yet so hard to master. It can be prepared within minutes using the most common ingredients found in your pantry.
Puri Sabzi is a North Indian breakfast staple and it is very popular street food in Delhi and U.p. Puri are crisp from outside and soft from inside. They may be stuffed with lentil-spice mix if following the authentic recipe. This Indian flatbread goes really well with potato and tomato curry which has a stew like consistency with chunks of potatoes and crushed tomatoes. Both the things compliments each other very well and if you want to enjoy it properly then you must season the curry with chaat masala.
Poori and Aloo sabzi Ingredients :
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoon curd
- Salt to taste
- Water to knead dough
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 1 chopped tomato
- 2 cups of diced potatoes
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- 1 teaspoon amchur/ chaat masala
Puri Recipe —
- Mix all the ingredients to knead a tight dough and keep aside.
- Flatten with rolling pin and deep fry at high flame until it puffs up.
Sabzi Recipe –
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a pressure cooker.
- Add 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, 1 tablespoon red chilli powder, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder and 1 teaspoon coriander powder.
- Stir-in 1 chopped tomato and 1 teaspoon chopped ginger.
- Mix 2 cups of diced potatoes, salt to taste and 400 ml water.
- Cook until 1 whistle. Add amchur after opening the pressure cooker.
- Rest puri dough for atleast 10 minutes before frying.
- Keep the flame high while frying for better results.
- Serve with fried green chilli/methi chutney if you prefer spicy food.
One thought on “POORI AND ALOO SABZI | QUICK RECIPES”
[…] paratha is an Indian flatbread which is often paired with curd, pickle and tea. It is a common breakfast choice as it is […]