Vegetable Quinoa Patty recipe is a delicious yet healthy recipe packed with nutrients of vegetables and quinoa. You can customize the recipe as per your liking but the recipe given below features the best combination of ingredients. This Quinoa patty can be served for a dinner as well, just wrap it in a tortilla or sandwich between your favourite bread.
INGREDIENTS FOR VEGETABLE QUINOA PATTY
- 1 cup Quinoa , cooked
- 1/4 cup Sweet corn , boiled
- 1 Carrot (Gajjar) , grated
- 1/4 cup Spinach , chopped
- 2 tablespoons Corn flour
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli flakes
- Oil , as required
- Salt , to taste
- Cook quinoa in double quantity of water on low flame with lid on in a saucepan or you may pressure cook it for 2 whistles to reduce the cooking time. Drain the excess water and keep it aside.
- In the meantime, heat some oil in a heavy bottomed pan and saute all the vegetables. Cook until they becomes soft.
- In a mixing bowl, add the cooked quinoa, sauteed veggies, corn flour, pepper powder, red chili flakes, salt and teaspoon of cooking oil. If the dough still feels wet and sticky, add another spoon of cornflour. Check the salt and spices and adjust according to taste.
- Mix well and shape Vegetable Quinoa Patty Grease your hands before shaping the patty to avoid sticking.
- Heat a pan with some oil and add the Vegetable Quinoa Patty. Shallow fry it on both the sides until crisp.
- Serve it with a salad of your choice or stir-fried vegetables.
- You can prepare this dish in bulk and store in freezer for quick and easy weeknight dinners.
- Quinoa can be replaced with any millet in case of unavailability.
- Feel free to be creative, shape the mixture in balls instead and serve them over spaghetti as vegan meatballs.