Onion pulao is a very easy recipe made using simplest of ingredients with the Organic Biryani Rice by Planet Organic. This dish can be prepared in 15 minutes and goes perfect with multiple curries and dal. It is even good on its own, just pair it with some pickle, raita and papad. If you are in a hurry then pressure cooker can be used to save time, however, cooking it in a kadai gives the best results. They have wide range of organic products available at the best price.
ONION PULAO INGREDIENTS
- 1 cup rice
- 1 large onion
- 2 green chillies
- 1 1/2 tsp finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 inch piece cinnamon
- 2 cloves
- 2 green cardamoms
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- 2 tbsp ghee
- Salt to taste
ONION PULAO RECIPE
- Cook the rice for 7 minutes in an open pan and set aside to cool down completely.
- Peel and thinly slice onions. Also peel and finely chop garlic cloves. Slit the green chillies lengthwise.
- Heat ghee in a pan or kadai. Add cinnamon, bay leaf, cloves and green cardamoms. Saute for a few seconds until turns aromatic.
- Now add cumin seeds and saute till they change color slightly
- Then add sliced onions and finely chopped garlic along with slit green chillies.
- Fry till the onions turn golden brown on the edges.
- Turn the flame low and add the cooked rice along with salt.
- Mix well to combine and remove from heat.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves. Onion rice is now ready to be served.
- Soak rice in water for atleast 30 minutes before cooking for better results.
- Do not mix too much while cooking to keep the long rice grain intact.
- Ghee gives the much needed aroma to rice so do not skip it.
- Saffron can be added after soaking in 2 teaspoons of milk.