Rajma paneer curry is very easy to make with basic ingredients. It is a very delicious, comforting and healthy dish. Rajma rice is a very popular dish in Northern India.
It’s a packed with nutrition which makes it ideal for vegetarians.
Rajma (1 cup)
Ghee (2 tablespoons)
Ginger (1 teaspoon)
Green chillies (2 teaspoons)
Tomato puree (1/2 cup)
Chilli Powder (1 teaspoon)
Coriander Powder (1 teaspoon)
Turmeric Powder (½ teaspoon)
Chopped tomatoes (1/2 cup)
Salt to taste
Water (for cooking)
Paneer (1 cup)
Rajma paneer Recipe
- Soak a cup of rajma in 4 cups of water for atleast 8-10 hours.
- Drain the water, and add soaked rajma in a pressure cooker with 2 cups of water.
- Cook on medium flame for 5-6 whistles and then lower the flame and cook for about 30-35 minutes.
- Heat ghee in a kadhai and sautè finely chopped ginger and green chillies for a minute. Add finely chopped tomatoes and powdered spices. Cook this mixture on a low flame until tomatoes turn mushy.
- Add tomato puree and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cooked rajma (along with cooking liquid), salt to taste and mix well. Mix well and let this simmer gently for 10 minutes or longer till the gravy thickens.
- Serve hot with steamed rice!
• Any variety of kidney beans can be used for this recipe.
• Adding a pinch of baking soda and teaspoon of ghee while boiling the beans helps in faster cooking.
• Always pair it with the premium quality basmati rice.