Hot garlic noodles is a popular Indo-Chinese dish which originated in Kolkata. It is a very simple recipe and can be prepared in minutes using the basic ingredients in your pantry. Vegetables can be customized as per your choice, you may also add some protein if you want to. Vegetarians may opt for soy or paneer whereas non-vegetarians can add eggs or chicken. I am going to share the basic version of hot garlic noodles which I often prepare.
- Noodles (250 gm)
- Carrots (1/2 cup)
- Green bell pepper (1/4 cup)
- Red bell pepper (1/4 cup)
- Yellow bell pepper (1/4
- Onions (1/4 cup)
- Spring onion (2 tablespoons)
- Green chillies (1 teaspoon)
- Garlic (2 tablespoons)
- Ginger (1 teaspoon)
- Dried red chilli (1 piece)
- Schezuan sauce (1 teaspoon)
- Soy sauce (1 tablespoon)
- Vinegar (1 teaspoon)
- Salt to taste
- Oil (2 tablespoons)
HOT GARLIC NOODLES RECIPE
- Boil 750 ml water in a sauce pan and add generous amount of salt. Once the water starts bubbling, add the noodles. Adjust the cooking time as per instructions on noodles packet. Stir occasionally.
- After the noodles are boiled, strain with a help of a strainer to drain the extra water.
- Now add 1 tablespoon oil and toss the noodles. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large wok. Add dried red chilli, ginger, garlic and onions. Sautè for a minutes.
- Stir-in all the vegetables and salt to taste. Mix soy sauce, schezuan sauce and vinegar.
- Mix boiled noodles and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Serve in bowl and garnish with finely chopped spring onions.
- Never add noodles until the water is boiling hot otherwise noodles will turn out soggy, starchy and mushy.
- Do not cook vegetables on low-flame. Cooking it on high flame helps to retain the crunch.